China Safety Certificate Trader forms
Please note: As of May 2016 Monsanto is revising its application process for safety certificates for the export of grain containing biotech events to China. New applications for safety certificates are now available through the links below (under How to Request Final Chinese Safety Certificates for Monsanto Biotech Events). Grain traders with pending applications should resubmit any pending requests using the new applications.
The Chinese government’s approval of the final safety certificates for the importation of grain from biotech crops is good news for growers who plant crops improved through biotechnology. China is a very important market for these products. Issuance of these final safety certificates as per the guide lines issued in January 2002 will allow for a more predictable process for traders and continued trade of these biotech products.
What Do These Guidelines Require?
These guidelines require a comprehensive review of the safety assessment studies for all imported biotech events. In addition, traders are required to apply for safety certificates from biotechnology trait developers for use in obtaining approval for import from the Ministry of Agriculture (MOA) prior to shipping into the country.
Which Monsanto Products Have Been Granted Safety Certificate Approvals for the MOA?
Safety certificates for the following events have been issued to Monsanto Company by the Ministry of Agriculture (MOA) of the People’s Republic of China (PRC) through the AgGMO Office, based on proprietary packages of safety information provided by Monsanto:
Roundup Ready® Soybean, Event 40-3-2
Roundup Ready® Corn 2, Event NK603
YieldGard® Corn Borer, Event MON810
YieldGard VT™ Corn, Event MON88017
YieldGard VT PRO™ corn, Event MON 89034
DroughtGard® Corn, Event MON 87460
Bollgard® Cotton, Event 531
Roundup Ready® Cotton, Event 1445
Bollgard II® Cotton, Event 15985
Roundup Ready® Flex Cotton, Event MON88913
Roundup Ready® Canola, Event RT73(GT73)
Roundup Ready 2 Yield™ Soybean, Event 89788
Intacta RR2 PRO™ Soybean, Event MON87701XMON89788
Roundup Ready® Sugarbeet H7-1
Roundup Ready 2 Xtend® Soybean Event MON 87708
Stearidonic Acid Soybeans (SDA), Event Mon 87769
How Long Are the Certificates Valid?
- Certificates for the corn, canola and soybean events listed above are good for 3 years from the date of issue. Certificates for the cotton events listed above are good for 5 years from the date of issue. Certificates for Intacta RR2 Pro grain from Argentina may be used until December 31, 2016.
- View a complete list of the events expiration.
How to Request Final Chinese Safety Certificates for Monsanto Biotech Events:
- Complete the relevant application and e-mail to email@example.com, please include a copy of your company letterhead to verify company information
- Application for Intacta RR2 Pro grain from Argentina
- Application for Intacta RR2 Pro grain from Brazil, Paraguay and Uruguay
- Application for all other biotech events
- Your request will be processed and, if issued, a copy e-mailed to the e-mail/s indicated on the application, typically within 3 – 5 business days