What was announced?
- Bayer has successfully completed its acquisition of Monsanto. This represents an important milestone toward our vision of creating a leading agricultural company to support growers in their efforts to be more productive, more profitable and more sustainable for the benefit of our planet and consumers.
As a condition of the U.S. Department of Justice (DOJ) approval of the transaction, Monsanto will operate independently from Bayer for an interim period while Bayer completes the sale of some of its businesses to BASF. During this time, it will be business as usual for us.
Bayer will proceed with integrating Monsanto after Bayer has completed the divestitures to BASF. Bayer expects this to be in approximately two months.
What is the difference between closing and actual integration?
- At closing, the cash transaction for the acquisition occurs and Bayer becomes the new owner of Monsanto. However, Monsanto will act as a stand-alone entity and the integration process will not start until the BASF deal closes.
Integration will happen after Bayer has completed the divestures to BASF. When that occurs, we will begin coming together as one organization. You can expect us to reach out to you again at that time.
Are there any changes in the company’s name, address and tax information?
- No, there will be no changes for the time being. Suppliers should continue to send goods and invoices as indicated in the respective purchase order.
Who is my contact for questions regarding purchase orders, invoicing and payments?
- Please continue to interact with your current procurement contact and follow the same process as you did prior to closing.
Will existing terms and conditions change?
- No, we will continue to adhere to all established agreements and conditions that were in place prior to closing.
What changes should I expect regarding my role as supplier?
- There will be no immediate changes in supplier relationships upon closing.
Business continuity and customer focus will continue remain critical. Additional information will be communicated as decisions are made or more information becomes available.
When can suppliers expect to know more about the integration of the two companies?
- Once Bayer’s deal with BASF is complete, Bayer will proceed with the integration of the Monsanto organization into Bayer. Bayer anticipates this will be in approximately two months. We will make every effort to keep you well informed of new information as it becomes available.
Who do I contact with questions and/or where can I go to get more information?
- Your current Monsanto contacts will be available to answer any of your Monsanto-specific questions. If you have questions about Bayer, we encourage you to talk to Bayer.