L.E.A.D. Agriculture Communication Toolkit
The Monsanto L.E.A.D. Initiative, Leaders Engaged in Advancing the Dialogue, is our organization’s commitment to promote understanding and encourage dialogue about agriculture among the professional food, nutrition and agriculture community.
Our goal is to provide a useful resource that will help you educate and inform your various audiences, while shedding light on food and farming today. Please use any of the information in developing your own communication materials, as well as for upcoming meetings and presentations – according to your needs.
This toolkit was created because we know consumers have questions about their food and how it is grown. We recognize you may often be on the receiving end of those questions through your daily conversations and interactions. As such, we developed this information and content to assist you in your role as a food, nutrition and/or agriculture communicator. In this section, you will find:
- Key terms to help you explain the ins and outs of modern agriculture
- Responses to commonly asked consumer questions about food and farming practices
- Content to help you communicate about a range of agricultural topics, including plant breeding, GMOs and pesticides
- Policy updates and positions about biotechnology and GMOs
- Story and profile ideas about farmers and plant breeders who are at the beginning of the food chain
- Additional resources and links to information about agricultural production
We also invite you to sign-up for our electronic newsletter, L.E.A.D. News & Notes. Each month, we share insights about relevant and timely agricultural topics and issues. We also share articles that piqued our interest – and we hope they will yours, as well. Opt-in to the newsletter by contacting Milton at the email address below.
Please contact us with any questions you may have about the content. We plan to update and expand the toolkit over time, and we encourage you to provide suggestions on additional items you would like to see included. Until then, enjoy the toolkit and put it to work!