Monsanto brings to market some of the most revolutionary products in the industry. And we continue to invest more than $1 billion every year to discover and deliver innovative technologies. That translates into a trait pipeline and the support your sales career needs to thrive.
As part of our expanding sales team, you’ll benefit from Monsanto’s goal to increase our market share and continue to earn the trust of our dealers and customers. We have a growing pipeline of highly effective products and industry leading brands including Asgrow, Channel, DEKALB, Deltapine, Genuity, Roundup, Roundup Ready, Seminis, De Ruiters, Vistive, and YieldGard. At Monsanto, Sales is part of the Seeds and Traits group and offers careers in many areas, including:
Agronomists – act as a technical expert for our products, work with sales teams as the lead crop production educator
Area Business Managers – manage, mentor and coach the sales representatives within a defined area. They also partner with our Agronomists to ensure that individual sales goals can be achieved
District Sales Managers (DSM) – partner primarily with growers in a defined district to meet business goals and achieve long-term growth through existing and new relationships within the district. Cultivate deep relationships with 30-50 growers and deliver the Monsanto brand experience through specific recommendations of our hybrid/variety and field products
Key Account Managers – effectively sell the value of Monsanto traits, DEKALB/Asgrow brands, Roundup and select chemistry products to our retailers and dealers
Some of the unique features of these roles include:
- The ability to create and implement marketing plans and sales strategies for your specific territory
- The opportunity to positively impact the success of farming operations in your local community
- These roles do include local travel to visit with growers, customers, and dealers – a company car is provided
- Sales training and continuous opportunities for career development and advancement
- Benefits include pension, 401(k), and stock options in the form of growth shares
What we Look For
At Monsanto, the sales team is a crucial link between our products and our customers. We rely on them to cultivate deep relationships with our dealers, customers and growers. Through these relationships, they help to deliver the Monsanto brand experience through specific recommendations of our products.
Whether recruiting for farmer focused sales reps or positions that work directly with our dealers, we look for candidates that display a true desire to partner with growers and help them find quality solutions based on their specific needs and challenges.
Other skills we look for:
- Bachelors Degree preferred in agronomy, agriculture, business, biology or related field or equivalent experience
- Minimum of three years of professional sales/account management experience or one or more years of sales experience working in the agriculture industry
- Demonstrate self motivation, initiative, assertiveness, and results orientation
- Ability to successfully work in a fast-paced changing environment
- Previous experience successfully working in teams
- Strong communication, interpersonal, and presentation skills
- Desire for long term career advancement (i.e., Marketing, Product Management, Logistics, Training, Finance)
- Basic computer skills (i.e., Microsoft Office, Microsoft Outlook)
- Willingness to travel and live/work in a rural environment. This position may require you to relocate
- The ability to lift a minimum of 60 pounds (a bag of seed)
- Ability to pass driving record background check (i.e. moving violations, accidents, license suspension, etc.)
- Federal regulations from the Department of Transportation cover this position and mandate the passing of certain pre-employment requirements, such as a background check, drug test and physical
Field Sales Interns work with a local sales team on a variety of locally defined projects within our seed brands. In addition, there will be at least one project related to a product launch, customer testimonial or other marketing project. These projects are designed to be intellectually stimulating, meet the needs of the business and provide personal and professional development for you.
- Strong written and oral communication skills; effective presentation skills
- Demonstrated self motivation and initiative with the ability to set and achieve goals with minimal supervision
- Proven leadership abilities and problem-solving ability
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize and manage time effectively
- Willingness and ability to relocate to a rural environment for the internship or trainee experience
- Ability to travel/drive throughout territory on a daily basis; company vehicle provided
- Ability to lift a 60 pound bag of seed
- Degrees: Ag related programs or Business
Positions located throughout the US. Driver’s background check is required. A vehicle and a limited expense account is provided. Some overnight travel maybe required.